No RISC No Fun
OpenPA is a resource for HP PA-RISC and IA64 (Itanium) computers with technical descriptions. This site is independent of and does not represent The Hewlett Packard Company in any way.
Hardware details of the PA-RISC platform are in the hardware section; computers lists individual PA-RISC and IA64 computer systems with PA-RISC operating systems detailed in software.
The PA-RISC Chipsets page has been split into separate sub-pages for each chipset and system design (ASP, LASI, Stretch ...). This should enhance the readability and usability as the original page got just too long. Much content had been added in the years before on bus design, system architecture and individual chips and attachments. Additionally, information on system design has been added to the main PA-RISC systems and individual systems pages.
Many parts of the OpenPA site were updated, revised and cleaned up between the end of 2015 and January 2016, after a long hiatus. There had been no overt updates for years, but some effort was taken recently to bring parts of the content to a current state again and smoothen various rough edges.
- OpenBSD/hppa and NetBSD/hppa operating system pages updated to more current status
- PA-RISC Other Operating Systems page rewritten and cleaned up
- PA-RISC Hardware and PA-RISC Chipsets pages greatly rewritten (posted earlier)
- New and unified PA-RISC Timeline (posted earlier)
- Many PA-RISC Computers pages rewritten, updated and verified
- Review of external product documentation URLs (removal of 404s and finding alternates)
- Flush out some of the collected content here and there (timeline, prices, systems)
- New OpenPA Print Edition (2.5), with many changes and a large rewrite of the TeX/XML backend
- HTML and CSS of the overall site cleaned up
Download the OpenPA Print Version, Second Edition (2.5)
(PDF, 1.3 MB, 375 pages, 2016)
Includes all content from the Winter 2015/2016 online version.
For other releases refer to the Print version page.
OpenPA RSS feed with all news.