|Cache||128 KB L1
1 MB L2 (A180C)
|Bandwidth||I/O 144 MB/s|
The PA-7300LC A180 and A180C were some of the latest 32-bit PA-RISC HP 9000 servers.
They are quite small and rack-mountable.
Enterprise Internet Servers they do not have any video output,
only serial console and Secure Web Console.
- A180: PA-7300LC 180 MHz with 64/64 KB on-chip I/D L1 cache
- A180C: PA-7300LC 180 MHz with 64/64 KB on-chip I/D L1 and 1 MB off-chip unified L2 cache
The additional 1 MB L2 cache is the only difference between both systems.
This cache is upgradeable through two DIMM slots near the CPU.
- LASI ASIC, which features:
- NCR 53C710 8-bit single-ended SCSI-2
- Intel 82596CA 10 Mbit Ethernet controller
- NS 16550A compatible serial
- Dino GSC-to-PCI bridge
- Phantom PseudoBC GSC+ port
- DEC 21142/43 10/100BaseT PCI Ethernet
» View a system-level ASCII-illustration of the chipset.
- GSC+ general system-level I/O bus (probably clocked at 36 MHz — 144 MB/s peak data rate)
- PCI high performance device I/O bus
- SCSI-2 Fast-Narrow single-ended; main storage I/O bus
- 72-pin ECC EDO SIMMs, 60ns or faster.
- Takes 64-256 MB modules
- Eight slots
- 128 MB (2×64) minimum, 2048 MB (8×256) maximum
- Two slots for either GSC (EISA formfactor) or PCI cards
- One tray for two 3.5″ Fast-Narrow 50-pin SCSI hard drives
- 50-pin HD SCSI-2 single-ended
- DB9 male RS232C serial
- TP/RJ45 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
- TP/RJ45 10 Mbit Ethernet
- A180 User’s Manual (PDF, 0.9 MB)
|Model||SPEC95, int||SPEC95, fp|
Compare these with other results on the Benchmarks page.